Poquoson Garden Club Scholarship – One $1,000 Award
Criteria for Award Selection
- Student must plan to attend a 4-year college or university program or a Career and Technical Program (for example, a continuation of a New Horizons Technical program, a hospital-based health careers program such as CNA, LPN, RN, or X-RAY Tech, or a technical program at the community college).
- Student must have demonstrated excellence in academic studies (minimum 2.5 GPA) as well as in school and community activities.
- Student must provide at least one recommendation, but no more than three, to the guidance office by the specified due date.
- Student must respond to the following questions and attach responses to the application:
- Where and how do you intend to use this scholarship?
- Describe your career goals (250 words or less).
- Describe the community service activities in which you have participated. Be sure to include what impact these services had in your life (100 words)
- Student financial need will be considered.
- Student must not be related to an active term PEF Board member, or a disqualified donor (any person who has contributed more than $5,000 or 2% of total contributions received from inception of the Foundation).
Applications may be obtained here or in the Poquoson High School Guidance Office.