Ellen C. and H. Grey Forrest Scholarship – $1000
This scholarship was established to honor the memory of Mae and Jimmy Grey Forrest and their lifelong love and commitment to the City of Poquoson.
Criteria for Award Selection
- Student must have plans to pursue a bachelor of arts or science at an accredited four-year institution and graduate from Poquoson High School in the current year.
- The student must provide two letters of recommendation from adults attesting to knowledge of the candidate and the likelihood of he/she achieving planned academic goals.
- The student must write a 500-1,000 word essay explaining how the scholarship award will assist in meeting his/her educational goals.
- Academic Performance will be considered.
- Financial need will be considered.
Students may access applications via their Edline account.
Applications are due by 2:00 p.m. May 5, 2017.
Return to Scholarships homepage.