The Poquoson Education Foundation was formed in 2000 in an effort to develop an effective means for individuals, businesses and community service organizations to support the Poquoson City Public Schools. Poquoson is known throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia for its outstanding educational program. Over the years our citizens have taken great pride in Poquoson schools and have offered strong support for school programs. The Foundation believes that it is poised to expand and develop this partnership between the community and its schools by offering meaningful and lasting opportunities for citizen involvement.
The Foundation seeks to enhance a heightened collaborative effort of individuals and businesses joined together to make our already outstanding school division better. It will be through a sustained commitment by the School Board, the Foundation, and the citizens and business community that Poquoson will continue to be a great place to live and raise children in the future.
The mission of the Poquoson Education Foundation is to encourage and solicit community endowment and investment in the highest quality education for Poquoson City Public Schools and to manage the growth and disbursement of those investments for the benefit of the students and the staff in perpetuity.
Long Range Foundation Plans:
- Award grants to teachers to fund innovative instructional classroom projects,
- Provide continuing education opportunities for students and staff,
- Provide recognition of outstanding student and staff achievements,
- Support student involvement in national and international programs,
- Award scholarships to graduating seniors,
- Provide funding for community education programs.